View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 04:52 AM   #31
Burg Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
OP is 100% correct when you think of it, nobody likes to be voice-cancelled.

To eliminate this negative effect my advice to you would be to replace those **** with your actual URL (pelicanparts.com) so when ppl post something out of a competitor website, they would be redirected to a 404 page on Pelicanparts.com

That 404 page could read, "Looking for something? choose vehicle model, or contact us". Many ways to make a 404 page look & feel fun!

That way:

1) the message is clear(er)
2) the negative censuring effect is gone
3) You make more money by keeping it all in-house

and done!
Sounds quasi reasonable but I'm sure there's a FTC violation or two in that plan. A la there have been cases where Company A will buy a web domain which sounds or whom others might think is Company B's. Then when attempting to reach said Company B site a user is redirected to Company A. I'm sure a couple attorneys could keep very bu$y arguing such a case here as it'll be more about who has the deeper pockets first before figuring out who may actually be 'right'...

Bottom line: This is Pelican's sandbox and they can run however they want. You're welcome to set up your own forum and run differently should you so choose. Otherwise we've learned how to creatively slip (bra-less errr ummm cars... and) profanity past the filters w/ misspelling. Or my personal favorite by adding a deliberate spaces between a letter or two...