View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 12:05 AM   #29
BirdDog

I really appreciate that Pelican hosts this website. I feel like I'm one of their biggest fans. I think half my car has come from them!

It doesn't bother me if they delete links to competitors (as owners of the site that's their right), but it does seem a bit petty (and I realize it might not seem petty to them!) There have been instances where I've posted links to competitor websites, but out of respect to Pelican I have only done that if Pelican doesn't sell something or their price is way out of line (I haven't seen that happen very often). In those rare instances when I've done that, they haven't deleted my posts or blocked my links.

Their parts prices are usually very competitive, they ship super fast, and they're a great resource when trying to locate hard to find parts. You can actually call them and get a human on the phone. They've helped me out a bunch of times.

I'd agree though that it would make sense to have Pelican put their name on the banner if competitor links are being blocked or deleted. At least that way it wouldn't be a big surprise when something like that happens. An analogy I'd make would be if this was the Starbucks Forums and people kept posting links to "Seattle's Best Coffee", no one would go nuts if those links were blocked or deleted, but if it was Coffee Lovers Forums and the same thing happened, people would probably go crazy.

Side note: I'd like to thank all the forum members who have helped me over the past 3.5 years. That's the real power of these forums, the fact that you can connect to some really knowledgeable people who have gone through what you are going through and can steer you in the right direction.

I have to echo Nine8Six on this - PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
I'm member of a Machinists forum (savages.com LOLL), a rottweiler forum, a engineering one, and they ALL censored stuff. Hell, even have entire posts going missing, which NEVER happened here.

In ranks, I think the 986forum top #1 for me. Quality of ppl especially. DONT LEAVEEEEEE