View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 09:23 AM   #3124
BirdDog

Pretty sure my jack is smarter than the guy who stole it! LOL

I just installed an eyelet in the wall and my jacks and rolling storage cart are now cabled to the wall. Won't prevent a determined thief from stealing them, but it should slow them down. It stopped them from stealing my Catrike (recumbent tricycle) at the time they stole the jack.

The funny part was they picked up and carried my other jack (an old Craftsman jack I bought back in 1986!) all the way to the door and then dropped it there. Maybe because they didn't have the handle for it (it's in one of those those bins).

Just really glad I got this jack back. The fact that it's so low and has such a long reach allows me to jack up the Boxster from the back (I place it at the point where the suspension components all come together on each side) and allows me to get jack stands under the side jack points. Can't do that with my old Craftsman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy View Post
Excellent!...you would think these guys would know by now that there's video cameras everywhere these days. Glad you have some justice.