View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 10:32 PM   #49
Nine8Six

Pre-prototype on the way

Right... so this is what we're going to do.

I've just received the material that I've ordered y'day an hour ago (yey!). So we got a few pucks of Acetal, plenty of AL6061 (I think loll) and also found the few badges I had left in stock.

I'll run this quick and dirty in the R&D machines first, get a sample part anodized and assembled in-hands, and if all goes well (i.e. looks good, feel good, and fit/clamp well) I'll do the cam online with you guys for the shop floor's production machines (you'll see my little shopl). No point launching full-scale into making custom fixtures, softjaws, and all the other 'expansive' stuff required to get a small production run going. Besides the CAM work for those prod machines needs proven simulation before even starting-up and cutting anything. You'll get to see this as well but before - let's see this super duper center cap first.

Some grabs below of the 'quick & dirty' CAM work I've done yesterday evening. All I need left to do is adjusting the stock size in each part models and off we go - let's do a quick one (or two, we'll see how it goes). Estimate 1.5 ~ 2 days work.

Toolpaths and toolpaths only toolpaths. Finally we can cut something.