View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 01:22 AM   #36
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc2050 View Post
Yikes. Beautiful!! Fred, your work is amazing.
Kevin, too kind brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Holy crap I want these!!!
Me too, I think lolll Very humble piece of kit from the wheel/cap visuals that came out yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
A touch of red on my seal gray car with silver wheels will look nice I think!
Same here. Boxster have the blue CGT caps on since 3 years, time for red I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeru View Post
Nice work - Fred - love seeing your techniques!
Thanks bud! Not done, far from it actually. Subscribe if you haven't done so because there is so much more coming. I'll soon be starting the CAM work, fixtures, sourcing the correct materials for prototyping, we'll machine this using the High Speed machining center (Siemens controllers), We'll also laser-mark this cap with something sexy, etc etc. Planing to hit the shop floor in a week! Plenty of fun to come, stay tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgkram View Post
Holy Cow!!! Just caught this thread. Two questions, when will they be ready and how much? Oh heck, forget how much just when will they be ready? Great work, absolutely wonderful...
Too bad folks doesn't do the DYI section of the forum as much as the General one. No price yet, let's machine all this together, get quotes on materials and that will eventually define the end price. So far we are looking at a pretty cheap-to-manufacture part... I'll try my best to keep it that.

Not hidding anything, everything is real here so what I pay for my caps is pretty much what you'll also pay for yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
Fred congrats on getting better keep healing and moving forward ! I may have missed it but how are you adding color to the parts ?
Thanks Rick, yup getting better by the week. If I don't get hit by a lightning (i.e my type of luck recently) I should be back to 99% same in less than 12 months. Wish me luck man lolll The main cap will be 6061 aluminum and anodized in the color of your choice (gun metal, red, blue, black, etc). The center where the P shield is should ideally remain silver (clear anodized). Fully custom mate, so if the beast needs something unique I'll be 100% able to provide that for you bud