View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 06:02 PM   #1
Insuranceman

Garage
New 2001 Boxster S Owner

Hi everyone! Just purchased a 2001 Boxster S 6 speed manual, with the factory hard top. It only had 17780 miles on it with the exception of a couple minor chips in the paint this car is mint. So I replaced my Harley with the Boxster and I am Loving this car. I have read a lot on here and thank you all for the info. I pulled the radio knobs off and sprayed them with plasti dip to fix the sticky issue. This isn't a daily driver and will stay parked in the garage on a battery tender most of the time. I have some service records on the car but the previous owner put most of the miles on it the first two years 02 and 03 and then he passed away. His wife parked the car in the garage and had the oil changed at least a couple times and the car had all of 500 miles put on it from 2011 until this year. I had a independent shop go over the car change oil filter, change coolant, change brake fluid. Other than that he said the car looks perfect. We discussed the IMS bearing and I asked if this car has the dual IMS or the single bearing? He said that he couldn't be sure just looking? So I have read on here that certain engine numbers have the dual and others have the single. Can anyone tell from the number the sticker under the front hood has m9621-671? So took the hard top off today and made sure the soft top was in good shape. I'm not sure that they had ever put it up at all. Only issue with the top is the plastic windshield is all hazy but the top looks great. I'll get some pics up later.
Insuranceman is offline   Reply With Quote