View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 12:22 PM   #28
fishski

So to add to the confusion even more I am going to attempt to do this trans fluid replacement on my 01 S with 24k. It appears to be that much of the info and pictures are for a 5 spd. transmission and not a 6 spd. I have a 6 spd. in my car. My goal is to gather the correct info and make a post for 6 spd. trans cars only because I can't find a post the specifies for 6 spd. only. Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill. I hope not. Can some confirm the following please.

1. Regardless of 5 or 6 speed trans the drain hole plug is in the same spot (bottom of the differential case) and can be made to have easy access with the use of the 1.75" - 2.25" hole saw to gain access to the plug?

2. The fill hole plug regardless of 5 or 6 speed transmission is on the side of the differential case.

3. Without removing the access panel you can get a breaker bar with correct socket in both drain and fill holes.

4. Loosen the fill plug before you drain the trans fluid out.