Thread: 987s
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 05:09 AM   #19
heliguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy View Post
OP had nicely optioned and well kept 02S, but didn't mod it at all (no upgraded factory or aftermarket sideskirts or bumpers), had stock outdated wheels, dated amber side and tail lights, and plastic rear window. The 987, with glass rear window, updated interior, and 19"wheels would look more modern (although some people still dislike those lobster fork style factory wheels). Many people here as you can see updated the looks of their 986 Boxsters where they look better than the 987 IMO. Yes, the newer models always have incremental improvements (although I'm not sure I like the 718), but they aren't always enough to make people do the jump. I've had mine for 15 years, and don't look to jump to a newer used one every 3 years. I'd rather keep my current one that's treated me well and use it till it dies, and then get a different car (I'm most likely not going Boxster again), as I like a change every once in a while.

His for sale ad on his 02S: http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-sale-wanted/64112-2002-boxster-s-sale-loaded-exc-condition.html

I personally don't think the 987 looks better than a 986...as mentioned above, beauty is in the eye...

I do believe it is all in the mods. Bone stock early 986's do appear a bit "soft".
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote