View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 06:45 PM   #123
jcslocum
Project Addicted

Woody, thanks for promting me. All has been well of late. We have been using it constantly for many short runs as well as a few 500 mile days up to NY and back. Runs like a top!

I still can't get the key fob to lock or unlock. No trunk action either. This is a work 1 day and not the next, so once it warms up, we will dig into it. I have been logging with the Durametric and think we will have to replace the vario solenoid ramps. The cam deviation is up there at about -7 and the IMS has been done. I have yet to pull the sump to see how much plastic is in there. My Lotus Esprit has been living on the lift for months as I try to revive it.

It has been a real project like Stella (the Box) but she (Vivian) has a beautiful and visible engine for a mid engined car:

And Allie has been making a custom exhaust for her. We replaced the stock cast iron exhaust manifold with a custom built set of headers from Alunox and need all new pipes too. We went up in size to 2-1/2 inch and have been working in SS. The weight loss just in the exhaust is 51 lbs.

Sorry to turn this into a partial Esprit thread but this is what we have been working on with a little bit of Box on the side ��
1986 944, 2000 Boxster

Last edited by jcslocum; 01-15-2017 at 05:59 AM.
jcslocum is offline   Reply With Quote