View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 07:19 AM   #1
Need_for_speed

Researching Wheel Spacers

I saw a 986 with wheel spacers and, call me vain, but I loved the look. The wheels on the 986 just don't fill out the wheel well properly, in my opinion, so I want to bump them out a bit. Nothing extreme: I'm thinking 7mm front and 15mm rear. This is for appearance only...not for tire or caliper fitment. I am on 17" Cup 3 wheels. Most of my driving is spirited weekend stuff, with maybe one autocross or DE day annually.

I've done a forum search here and elsewhere, and have duly noted Fred's very informative discussion on Woody's Build Thread. I've limited my search to hubcentric spacers. All of the following claim to be 6061 T6 billet aluminum.

Here's what I've found--I've totaled the cost for 2x front (7mm), 2x rear (15mm), and longer lugs:

Adaptec: $225 Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech
ECS: $255* www.ecstuning.com
H&R: $270-300 Pelican, ECS, trakplus.com
Eibach: $385 Summit Racing, eibach.com

*Only available in black anodized with black lugs. Not sure how that would look on silver wheels.

Elephant makes hub centric spacers, but they kind of leave you on your own for lugs. Using H&R lugs with Elephant spacers totaled out to around $330, well over the price for the total H&R package, which didn't make much sense to me.

Clearly, Adaptec has a lock on the price, but want to hear what you guys think before I commit. Thanks!
Need_for_speed is offline   Reply With Quote