Thread: Weight
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 08:34 AM   #3
trygve

Start with the SPB class minimum weight of 2650 with driver. A significant percentage of cars are below or very near the limit (I know guys who need some ballast either with weights per the rules, or running with extra fuel), while others can be up to 100 lbs overweight (it would be rare to exceed that). With an average dude's weight plus coolsuit gear not counted, the lighter half of the cars must be weighing in at 2450 or less (with fluids and barely any gas, without driver). It definitely can be done.

On cage weight I have no concrete numbers, but it can definitely vary a little by design and significantly by material choice (e.g. using thicker stock than is required). If I were to guess I'd say typically 100 lbs for the cage?

Anyway, my car, gutted at home by me (not a pro shop build), usually gets within 20 lbs of weight, but I am only 160 lbs, and that's when not running the Coolshirt. So my car is probably somewhere around 2470. I wish it were 2430 or less so that I could be at the minimum with everything and even throw in a passenger seat at events where that would be convenient to leave in.
trygve is offline   Reply With Quote