Thread: HPDE signups
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 01:54 PM   #6
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsceash View Post
In the north east how many are going to DE's this year and where and when. Sign ups are opening tonight and next week. I'm going back to VIR in March with Zone 2 PCA and Niagara Regions Advanced DE at Watkins Glen, Corvette Club of central Pa at Pocono. Other I'm interested in won't open until 60 days prior to the events.
Wow, the Northern NJ PCA region opens up their registrations separately for each event about 2 months before the event. I'm only going to do 2 or 3 HPDE events and am glad I don't have to commit already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anker View Post
I am going to sign up for one. Which is the best venue in the NE region?

My seat belt webbing is more than 5 years old. What is a good place to go to for re-webbing?

Thanks/Anker
You might want to check out an event at Palmer Motorsports Park in West Ware, MA. You may be able to commute each day if it's a multi-day event. I wouldn't call it the greatest facility, the track itself is nice but it is a startup venture with some teething issues. There are a lot of corners and elevation changes.

When you say your seatbelt webbing is more than 5 years old, are you talking about a racing harness or OEM seatbelts. For OEM seatbelts I don't believe there is an expiration date, at least there wasn't for me. And at my 2 events I volunteered for the tech line. One day it was my job to check dates on racing harnesses only, not on OEM seatbelts.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote