View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 09:06 AM   #10
werksporsche

I just bought a 1998 Boxster and have the same problem with the dim headlights as described by others. I have read several posting and following some of the advice, I can confirm that the fuses are in good order, the light bulbs are also OK and I have replaced both the light switch and ignition switch and the dim lights are still not working. I have taken out the headlights****to check the light bulbs as well as to make sure there is a good contact. The high beam flash works fine but they don't stay on****if I push the lever towards the dash - which should put the high beams on continuously. I have made these test with the car's engine running.

Looking at the wiring diagram in the Bentley manual I can only assume that the problem****could be related with the high beam switch. Certainly that another possibility could be a wiring problem.****

Has any one had the same problem? Appreciate any advice or suggestions before I disassemble the steering column to replace the high beam, turn signals, wiper switch assembly which is also not cheap.

Thanks****
werksporsche is offline   Reply With Quote