View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 06:45 PM   #12
BBQBryan

I own 3 miatas (two 1999 and a 2006) and just bought a 2005 boxster. I was looking for another Miata when I came across the deal on the 2005. I've only had it about a month.

Ride, size, performance, and engine growl all are better with the Boxster.
Maintenance and "reliability" will be better with the Miatas. Very solid mechanically but don't have the soul or performance of a Boxster and especially a Boxster S.

To get a Miata to perform near a Boxster you'll need to turbo or supercharge, and those affect reliability and aren't all that cheap. Neither option will get you to Boxster S level without lots of extra work on top

At Autocross A stock or near stock Miata is a hoot though

For me I do my own maintenance and understand what comes with the Porsche. I've only had to do rotors, pads, and oil change so far. Maintenance costs can outweigh the other benefits to some people. Price a brake and rotor change on Porsche Vs Mazda, or an oil change. Heck the price of a set of shifter cables on the boxster can make people pass out.

Bang for the buck you can't beat a Miata, but the Boxster is a whole different animal

And if you really want a fun Miata, there is an LS swap kit available, with options all the way to genuine turn key through Flyin Miata

You'd have to bring your golf bag when you look at Miata, some people have no issue and others with longer clubs say no go.
I have a trailer hitch and bike rack on one of my 99's, and you could put a golf bag holder there. Very few options for that on boxster due to exhaust layout.

Last edited by BBQBryan; 12-21-2016 at 06:48 PM.
BBQBryan is offline   Reply With Quote