View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 04:56 AM   #1
Boomer80

Which way to go?

This is my first post and I would like to hear people's opinions.
I will be entering my last year in my 50's and have been a car nut all my life and am now looking to go in a new direction. I have owned all kinds of British, Japanese, American and German cars. I recently gave up the last of my corvettes and am looking to move back to a small convertible. I'm only going to use this as a weekend toy and mostly drive it to my golf course and an occasional pleasure drive and not an investment or big asset hog. So, I've been going back and forth with getting a used MX-5 (basically because it is Japanese and dependable and cheap to operate) and of course a Boxster. I won't ask about peoples opinion about the MX-5 as I can guess the average opinion.

What I'm interested in is thoughts on several different cars I've been watching for the last few weeks. First off I've been mainly looking at cars in the sub $10k range (remember this is supposed to be inexpensive). Would prefer an "S" but not a requirement. Car #1: 1998 red/orangey interior is a 2 owner, current owner for 10 years, with 37k miles and lots of recent service done including IMS, newer tires, brakes etc. for $9000. Car #2: 1999 Silver/black with 141k for $6500. All major mechanicals including IMS, clutch rear main seal, new top and lots of custom and upgrades done. She looks beautiful and well kept.

Granted I have not physically seen either car and am relying on internet browsing only at this point. I am in the middle of winter anyway and if I can find a great buy I will buy it when I find it. My main concern is that I don't wind up with a sudden $5k bill and something I can enjoy stress free.
Boomer80 is offline   Reply With Quote