View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 07:19 AM   #35
RichRobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintthomas View Post
Parking lights with courtesy lights. When the courtesy lights come on, I wanted the parking lights come on too, so that your tail lights, number plate lights and front parking lights illuminate. But I wouldn't want the switch to turn on the courtesy lights if I switch it to the parking lights position, if you see what I mean. So a diode would be needed.

I just thought "Oh! I'll just bridge the 12v from the courtesy light feed to the parking light feed with a diode, so the parking lights don't switch on the courtesy lights, but the courtesy lights do turn on the parking lights whenever the courtesy light is on". But as particlewave said, the courtesy lights have a switched ground, whereas the parking lights have a switched positive. If they were both the same, it would be that easy.

I thought about jumping the fuses but, there's a separate fuse for each bloody bulb. So that wouldn't work either.
Ger.

I believe you have your new DRL's wired to your parking lights. Having them come on with the courtesy light would be great but have you got a hack where they come on automatically with the ignition?
Seems there is a hack for the foglights to come on as automatic DRL's but could do with a hack for parking / sidelights to come on in this instance.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
RichRobby is offline   Reply With Quote