View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 10:36 PM   #13
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Different tools for different jobs.

This is the tool my brother has 170 ft lbs, 18V lithium. It works great for most automotive applications in wheels, brakes, suspension etc. Great batteries and not too bulky. If you need this much tool I recommend it.
https://www.amazon.com/Makita-XWT05Z-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-2-Inch/dp/B00OA9ZZHK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1482131660&sr=8-5&keywords=makita+impact+1%2F2

I have a lighter more general purpose cordless driver that I use every day on the job and it doubles as my automotive speed wrench. What it gives up in max torque it gains in getting into tight places and allows me to use it overhead without fatigue. For wheels I usually start and finish all lugs with a hand tool while using the cordless primarily for speed. I can change 4 wheels and check brake pads in 20 minutes pretty consistently. I don't need my cordless to remove heavily rusted bolts because I have a breaker bar with 4' galvanized helper for the heavy stuff I hit every 5 years or so. I don't live in the rust belt so heavy rusted bolts are damn rare. This is my favorite tool if you choose speed and compact daily use over heavy duty.

Makita 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit-DT01W - The Home Depot