View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #10
specboxCO

I did my spec boxster with an absolute minimum of wiring left. I removed the light switch, ignition switch, stalks, fuse box, relay holders etc. I kept full beam lights, single speed wiper only. Mil spec high amp toggle switches replaced the porsche switchgear. I used aftermarket fused distribution panels that weigh a quarter of what the Porsche fusebox weighs. All the large connectors that were no longer populated, i replaced with smaller ones to save a few oz. The harness is now very simple, and troubleshooting is a piece of cake.

My advice is buy the proper de-pinning tools and take your time. remove the pins and the entire wire rather than cutting. You can remove 95% of the unneeded wiring quite easily. The last 5% can be a little tricky. Dont be afraid to plug the harness back in and test that the car still starts.

One exception to the wire cut will be the W line going from the alarm box to the DME. Cut this and extend the wire to allow relocation of the alarm box to up under the dash.
specboxCO is offline   Reply With Quote