View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #23
johnsjmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelbster View Post
This is very encouraging news that it passed Smog. We have previously tried to discuss the ROW mod but had 2 problems. We got slammed by the 'green' people and we were concerned the new Smog machines may detect the ROW flash.
The SAI is not fitted in Europe and they are just as green as we are. Anyway it only runs for a few seconds at start up. The cost and total environmental cost of trying to fix the SAI far exceeds any (dubious) enviro benefit.
But the Smog Test anxiety was unresolved. Slowly the new Smog Test machines are being rolled out beyond California. So the real test will be to pass Smog in California with the latest "DAD" machines.
So do you know what type of Smog Machine gave you your "Pass" ? That is the vital question
Here in Ontario .We used to have a dynamometer test with a rolling road run at about 25 mph and also a sniffer at idle Today the test is less involved with a scan of the ecm looking for fault codes and readiness monitors I don,t recall if they still use the dyno for certain years or not as I was not present when mine was inspected. It did pass though with both cats in place but ROW tuning because I was going to add headers but haven,t as yet.
johnsjmc is offline   Reply With Quote