View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 03:04 AM   #8
edevlin

Smile Buying 2000 Boxster with 47K

This was my experience buying a 2000 Boxster with 42,000 miles on it. I bought it from the local BMW dealer who took it in on trade. It had two previous owners, the last owner had the car for 2 years and the dealer swore she took excellent care of the car and did all the required service, but there was no paperwork on service done to the car. The BMW dealer also said they checked the car over and it was in great shape.

I had the carfax on the car and there were no indications of abuse, so I bought the car without first having an independent check it out because the dealer gave me a 1 month/1000 mile return on it.

I took it to the local Porsche dealer to have it checked out and found that it had likely never had any service except for the oil changed. They said it had the original cabin filter, plugs and likely, original air filter. I got what I thought was a good deal on the car, so I kept it and had the 30K service done on the car.

So, like I did not do, and others are recommending, it is a very good idea to have a pre-buy check done on the car, just my two cents,

Ed
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote