View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 04:47 AM   #1
BrianStam

New owner 97 Boxster - window lift problem

Hi everyone. I really never thought I would own a Porsche although always liked them, however back in ~1975 (high school) I had a 68 Dodge Charger RT and nearly traded for a friend for his old 356. I wish I had either one of those now. Have always liked German cars - did some SCCA racing in Rabbits and Scirocco many years ago. Had a couple Audis and currently a BMW 540, also a 78 Triumph Spitfire project. Anyway, wife mentions in July that she misses having a convertible to drive in the Black Hills, so I mention this 97 Boxster is on craigslist for quite awhile. We end up buying it. We have a couple good indy shops in Rapid City - nearest dealer is Ft. Collins CO. I insisted on a prebuy which included taking off the oil filter and cutting it open to look for metal. This is very common for small aircraft - always cut the filter. I don't know why it is not done for cars. Anyway the car came up pretty clean other than needing a new starter and other fairly minor things. I replaced the starter after looking at the tutorial here. Not bad at all. Very impressed with the car. Drives really nice - kind of like my BMW 540 for that tight feel. Brakes are amazing. Got a box of needed parts, factory jack etc, from "Woody" - found here also - excellent!

The other day both windows quit going up. They both go down but not up. This happened before but then they started working again. Any ideas?

P.S. We had many nice drives in the Black Hills this summer. Even got talked into entering a car show!

Thanks in advance.
Brian
BrianStam is offline   Reply With Quote