View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 05:14 PM   #17
bwdz

There is some conflicting information here with what it is doing, at times seems like shifter related but now I am suspecting your clutch or slave cylinder. Just to be certain, have you ever shifted without using the clutch using rpm matching? If you have, do it and this will eliminate one of the things that could be causing your problem which is clutch or pressure plate. If you haven't, basically accelerate in 1st gear, nothing crazy just to like 2500rpm, while still on the accelerator slightly pull the shift lever back but just out of first gear (it will be hard to pull if you let off the gas hence why you have to be gently accelerating) then wait just a half second or so and ease it back into 2nd gear. If you let the rpms drop too low it will not engage so you will slightly bleep the gas to match rpm and then it should pop right into gear. Repeat this in every gear and by not using the clutch you will know if that is what is causing the problem. I ran a trucking company for years and we never use clutches with 13 or 18 gears (because our transmissions are not synchronized so it would do nothing, you have to match rpm for each up or down shift) Anyway, I hardly ever use the clutch in any of my cars, just for taking off most of the time.
bwdz is offline   Reply With Quote