View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 06:55 AM   #19
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
I would say safe, except I would change it from personal experience to professional experience as JFP has done thousands of oil changes for his Porsche customers and hundreds (thousands?) of UOA.

Also he is saying 5K miles (5000 miles) vs 5000 km.

That said I changed my DT40 every 6 months/3,000 miles for the couple years I used it and always had a good UOA, even on the first one where I did not flush (previous fill Castrol Edge 5W40). If they made an XP9 that had a drain interval greater than 750 miles I would have switched to that since I am doing mostly track but with the drive to/from that equated to a full oil change each track weekend.

Now I am using Millers Nano 5W40, I am getting ready to do my first UOA and see how it did. That oil can (supposedly) stand up to the heat and stress of track use, and has a longer lived additive package, that should allow me to get back to a 3,000+ mileage interval while still holding up to track use, and this longer life should offset the higher cost of the oil. We'll see I have one more track event this weekend and then it is UOA time
Gee thanks Steve!
Introducing yet another oil, one that is even more $ than DT40 LOL
In looking at the specs, it is very similar to Motul 8100, with Motul maybe being slightly better spec, if I am reading them correctly.

In any case, looks like a very good oil

https://www.motul.com/system/product_descriptions/technical_data_sheets/52/original/8100_X-cess_5W-40_(GB).pdf?1458898826

CFS 5W40 NT - $19.95 : Performance Racing Oils - Millers Oils

And would agree that flushing the oil is a waste of $$. It really only matters to what a UOA says
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote