View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #7
Walshie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meir View Post
Hi welshie.
I just went over your previous posts, an I'm sorry I missed the one you posted back in April.
I have no intention of braking your spirit, but I think you didn't need to remove the dashboard.
The air box is meeting the firewall in two places.
On the passenger side there is the cabin air filter, and in the center, the heater core.
Focus on the "heater core removal" document, and I'm sure you will solve your issue.
My guess is that the foam part that covers the heater core, is either torn, or not sealed.
Another option is that the heater core is leaking, but then you whould notice coolant lost.
Do you have A/C in the car, or just heat?
Hi Meir. Thank you for taking the time to help. As you say the heater core is in the centre of the car. But I am not sure this is the problem. The car does have AC but it doesn't work( another project) the rain water comes in approximately centre of the passenger side( Rh drive) around the extrusion that I believe houses the AC pipes going to the matrix. I have found this while running a hose into the scuttle panel as just a trickle. The scuttle panel area does not flood. I am hoping that in removing the heater box that I can replace any seals.
I am hoping this makes sense to you.
Walshie is offline   Reply With Quote