View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
ksjohn

Garage
986 Bumper, Headlights, Fenders???

I searched on this subject and did not find much related to the options for bumpers, headlights and fenders.

My car needs a new bumper. I have researched most of the original Porsche and aftermarket options. I also need new headlights; mine are amber and one of them is broken.

I know I could go with a 996 bumper and probably find a used driver side headlight that I could de-amber on the cheap. The bumper would not be exactly cheap, but this is probably my least cost option.

Or, I could get a 996 bumper and some used clear headlights. With paint, now I would be around $1000. But as much as I love my car, I really don't like the look of the fried egg headlights. Plus, both my fenders needs a little paint work to be perfect.

So what are my options to replace it all?

I have seen fiberglass fenders for about $350 a pair. There are various style fiberglass bumpers for $400 to $600. I don't know what headlight options there are.

I appreciate any suggestions. I bought a Z-top that will be installed in the spring. I am thinking fenders, bumber, headlights, rocker panels and the Z-top.
Thanks
ksjohn is offline   Reply With Quote