View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 09:46 AM   #13
coffeebrandon
Coffeeandboxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myoung73 View Post
I think about a 996 from time to time. Why do you say foolishly? Not working out as you had hoped? Don't like it as much? I think it's a great time to buy a 996.
It is a great time to get a 996! I said foolishly simply because my Boxster was just a perfect car and many wear items and big stuff like the IMS had already been done. The 996 I bought is fantastic and I love it, but I bought it with almost nothing in the way of maintenance records and am going to put a fairly large amount of money into it just for peace of mind. The power diffence is certainly noticeable with the 996, and the rear engine handling characteristics. Though I like the challenge of it. Whereas with the Boxster it had more grip than I have balls and I could toss it into any corner and know it would pretty much take care of me, the 996 is a bit of a different beast. The 996 is more like "you're fine, you're fine, you're fine, you're fine, I'm going to murder you now!" But it's a blast and it is a beautiful looking car. I took it on a road trip to North Carolina the week I bought it, accompanied by my brother in his Cayman S and my dad in his 06 Carrera S and it was just a perfect introduction into the 911 world. I just now live in the full on Porsche paranoia world where I over analyze every sound and spend far too much time on the forums reading about what horrible way in which my engine will decide to grenade itself.
coffeebrandon is offline   Reply With Quote