View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 04:57 PM   #2957
PaulE

Well I left work a couple hours early today, came home and changed out the electrical switch portion of my ignition lock. I ordered 2 of the $7 Meyle switches from ECS Tuning, but because I ordered another part from them that wasn't in, those won't be here until next week. So I cancelled one of the switches from ECS and bought one at my local NAPA store. It was pretty straightforward, thanks to the tips here and at Pedro's. One weird thing, the wrapping around the wires for the lighting on the light switch was really gooey! I wrapped that up with some black tape and cleaned up the goo, put it all back together and everything works!

I was surprised that this plastic part caused the steering wheel to not lock and that the car started and some things worked, but not the headlights and not the heated seats! So I was concerned that changing this switch out for a new one wasn't going to fix everything, but it did!

I have to say my hands and wrists hurt from getting in there to do the work. I had a great boss for 10 years who used to say "I'm getting too old for this ****!" about stuff in the office. I'm starting to feel like that about some of these jobs!

Tomorrow I get to drive the Boxster to work and back, 120 miles total, with my new Ben006 ball bearing shifter and my new Nine8Six projector lights!

PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote