View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 10:28 PM   #1
That986

Steering wheel shake....

Hope you guys can help me here or confirm my thoughts,..

A few weeks ago my car went in to be wrapped and at the same time i had the wheels refurbed and new tyres put on. I plumped to get Avon ZZ5 tyres after reading some good things about them and also having good results myself with Avon in the past.

A couple of days after getting the car back i went on the first cruise out with the better half next to me and when we got up to motorway speeds the car started to vibrate through the steering wheel. I put this down the balancing being out on the wheels somewhere and while we were out i checked all the pressures were fine, they were after a small adjustment but the vibration was still there.

So this weekend I popped into my local tyre guys who I know really well and got them to balance the wheels from scratch so i knew they would all be spot on again. Wheels balanced and off i went, got up to 70 mph and there it is, shaking again....

So now I'm a bit mystified to what's going on. The car was gone through and hunter aligned at the beginning of September and hasn't really been driven that much since. The car felt rock solid before it went in on fairly worn Michelin so the only variable that has changed is the refurb and tyres.

I'm leaning toward one of the tyres being bad as when they were balanced again on Saturday there was one wheel took 90g and more to balance out.

What do you guys think?
That986 is offline   Reply With Quote