Thread: CEL troubles
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
BIGJake111

Garage
CEL troubles

Well my car has had no problems for a little over a year now, but my check engine light just came on.

Checked the gas cap and everything.

I'm curious if it could be from the smoke in the area from the recent wildfires or the fact I just recently had to leave the car in a gravel lot over the weekend? Could either of these cause a check engine light.

I was only about two miles from home at the end of a drive, the car ran fine as continued to drive and no weird noises smells or smoke.

The only thing that was odd right before the light came on was a vibration from the engine compartment.

I've noticed for a good while now that at times there will be a vibration when there is zero gas input and the car is decelerating in 5th of 6th gear, at least this is when I've noticed it. Letting off the gas at about 3,500 rpm a vibration starts at like 3,200 and doesn't stop until like 2,800. If you place your foot on the gas it stops. This doesn't happen all the time but it does occasionally and had just happened about 20 seconds before the light came on.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote