View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #8
Calmg0d
Thom

Garage
Way to stop the airbag light when removing the seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
When my alternator went on me shortly after acquiring the car in 2006, I decided that would be my first DIY. I got it out, then had it rebuilt by some local shop that had been in business for probably 60+ years. The one mistake I made was disconnecting the harness under the passenger seat (without disconnecting the battery) so that I could pull the seat and have better access. After finishing the project I realized that I now had a CEL (airbag-related) that I couldn't reset with my $59 Actron scanner. I took it to the local p-car dealership who gladly reset it, calling "Airbag maintenance and repair" or some such nonsense. They charged me, for essentially turning off a CEL, about $100...WHICH WAS MORE THAN THE VENERABLE SHOP THAT REBUILT MY ALTERNATOR HAD CHARGED ME

I guess that's when I jumped on the bandwagon and started calling them "stealorships." That said, I guess there can be exceptions to every rule. So I'll re-word that...my local dealership is super expensive (and I've heard others make the same complaint).
I recently replaced the WP/thermostat and serpentine belt. To get better access I removed the passenger seat. I read on a different thread here to eliminate the need to remove the battery prior to seat being unplugged is to just not put the key into the ignition until the seat is plugged back in. Easy as pie, it worked like a champ for me.

Now I just need to remove all of the air from the system as apparently I didn't bleed it very well.
Good luck.
Calmg0d is offline   Reply With Quote