View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 07:14 AM   #10
fanguy

I have a 2003 Boxster S 19,228 miles for 3 weeks (posted in Tech thread on 3-Oct-16 miles as of today 20,323 miles). Local Porsche inde on PPI pulled pan nothing, cut open filter no metal some green rubber bits said no worries wouldn't do anything at this time. When time for a new Clutch 45-50K would also due pressure plate, flywheel, seals-bearings, IMS-Pro for 3K and guides if needed will add to cost but might be a good time while they already in their have a lot exsposed. He also put in a Mag plug. Yesterday went out on a 200-mile drive. The thought of pop goes the weasel is running around in the background.

So today I called two shops one from L&N & the other from Flat6 approved/Cert installers for their list in different states. All I told them I have a 2003 Boxster S 19,228 miles for 3 weeks and had concerns about IMS failure and what would be there recommendations’ Their 1st ?’s were how many miles did I think I would drive a year and city, Hwy or both. Said 500 to 800 a month-both. Both said Change oil every 5k if doing less in a year and it would make you feel better 6 months. Cut open filter & inspect plug each oil change. The first time any mental in filter or Mag plug pull pan and give them a call. Mostly likely if 1 or 2 little pieces would have you clean, fill and drive recheck 1.5 to 2k and call back. The green stuff nothing to worry about. Now go enjoy your car. When the clutch is ready to be replaced have it done then, and also AOS.

So 3 respected shops gave me the same advice when they could have just made $$K. I feel much better about the plan, will be vigilant and start oil analysis on next oil change.

Last edited by fanguy; 11-06-2016 at 07:18 AM.
fanguy is offline   Reply With Quote