View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 10:15 AM   #13
PaulE

I've bent a couple of mine over the years and had them fixed too. Nothing serious like a crack, just out of round. I finally decided to get a set of 17 inch OEM wheels for my car and use them for most of my driving. I just use the 18 inch wheels for my 2 or 3 HPDE events each year. I think the 18 Lt Carrera wheels are better looking, but I prefer to have an extra half inch of rubber sidewall on the minefields we call roads in New Jersey.

As far as finding a set, here in the US the choices are craigslist, eBay, the forums and some of the wheel rebuilders occasionally have them in stock but their prices are usually much higher than the other sources. I don't know about Canada, maybe the Canadian regions of PCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by old911doc View Post
Those wheels came in 8x18 front and 10x18 rear for 911's. The Boxster version is 7.5x18 ET 50 for fronts, part # 996.362.134.05; the rears are 9x18 ET 52, # 996.362.138.00. I have five sets for our three Boxes, summer Pilot Sport PS2's, and winter DWS's for my two kids, and Pilot Sport A/S 3's on mine.
These lightweight, thin section wheels are somewhat prone to getting bent; check concentricity before you buy a set. My alloy wheel repair guy has made a fortune straightening my wheels.
The width and offset (ET) are cast into the wheel at the valve stem hole for easy identification.

Last edited by PaulE; 10-31-2016 at 10:17 AM.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote