View Single Post
Old 09-08-2002, 12:54 AM   #11
MilwSteve
Forum Contributor

I bought my Boxster S exactly 4 weeks ago! Truth be told, I didn't mean to buy it. I wasn't shopping for a new car. In fact, I was just killing time while my old "weekend car" was being repaired.

I've always lusted after the Boxster because of its great looks and superb handling, and when I read car mags I always (used to) think, "would I rather have that or a Boxster S?" The only car that came close was the M3. They are great cars.

Anyway, to kill time I went for a test drive, and I was hooked! The dealer had a 2001 with under 2000 miles, in the color I wanted and most of the options (though I don't need heated seats since I ain't driving it when it's cold!).

So there it was, the car of my dreams, at about $7K under what a new one would cost. I always knew that I'd end up in a Boxster. Why not now?

It wasn't until after I had signed the papers that it occured to me--hey, I could have bought an M3! But the M3's not a sports car, it's not a Porsche, and it doesn't have the graceful lines and finesse of the Porsche. Power is great, but the joy of driving is in the handling. And there isn't a better handling car out there.
MilwSteve is offline   Reply With Quote