View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 07:49 AM   #9
Perfectlap

There is no Boxster stigma. 99.9% of the regular people who will compliment my car don't know that the Boxster and 911 Cab are different cars. And they nearly always say nice Porsche. In over a decade I don't think I can recall a single instance of someone saying "nice Boxster". This differentiation between rear and mid engine softop cars exists only in the minds of the 0.0001% of the public who drive Porsches. The rest are guys who only know of our cars from reading car magazines and repeat the Porsche marketing spin of a forced hierarchy like it's gospel. We have the best roadster Porsche has ever sold for less than $1 million USD.

As far as racing. Porsche have been dragging their feet on moving the 911 to midengine for a long, long, time.
One overall first place at Le Mans in 20 years really underlines that. When Porsche first switched it's racing cars to midengine from rear engine they were instantly successful. And here we are again. The rear engine cars were extremely successful in the endurance racing era of the 70s and 80s but that was a long time ago now.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote