View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 06:47 AM   #2
husker boxster

Numerous thoughts...

Being that young, I'm sure the driver felt invincible. Looking at the video, he must have been out of control for a long time before crashing.

Why would you race along a tree lined street?

Hopefully someone caught a partial plate on the Camaro. Otherwise, finding a dark colored Camaro might be a bit difficult. I imagine there's more than 1 in SoCal.

I was never one to race on the street, but DEing really shows the absurdity of street racing or solo spirited driving. DEs teach the level of attn. required to go fast while under control. So many things can happen on the street that ramp up the odds of failure - failure that can cost innocent people their lives. DEing really does reduce the desire to run fast on the street.

I generally don't think this way before a DE, but the first time I drove at Kansas Speedway I thought about how a mistake could cost me my life. Driving is serious business. We take it for granted.

I have never been a fan of the show "Street Outlaws". It encourages stupidity. And either the police are idiots in OKC or the show has their unofficial blessing because they should be able to track down these scofflaws if they wanted to. Such a stupid premise for a show.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 10-28-2016 at 06:51 AM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote