View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 05:10 AM   #19
CrisZenithBlue

alright so i lowered the car by about 0.7 of an inch and while it sits low i havent really had any issues scraping except if it's a very deep ramp and i'm not trying too hard to clear it. best part is NO MORE BOTTOMING OUT. moving the perch down by lowering the car gave it some much needed travel in the spring and i can confidently glide over anything without butt puckering

i made sure i was within specs per KW. i will post the exact settings and some photos when i get a chance but here's my dilemma: i would have liked and i think i have to get the rear lower (it would still be within spec on the KWs) BUT when i move the perch low enough on the shock, with the car off the ground and suspension not loaded, the spring doesnt seem to be tight/compressed enough on the assembly. i can kinda move it up and down a bit and that's worrying. as far as i know about coilovers the spring has to be tight enough so that you have to use a bit offorce so rotate/spin it (while on the assembly) but in my case it moves maybe 1-2 mm up and down when i have it at the ride height i would prefer. I cant leave it like that can i? right now it's on there good but the rear is a bit too high. i havent checked if front-rear difference height is still within spec like Steve pointed, otherwise my tail will be happy but just by looking at it i can tell the a$$ is too high.

do you guys think that even if the spring moves a bit, once the suspension is fully loaded it would be fine? i know while sitting it would be fine as the spring compresses but what about in driving conditions when maybe the back lifts a bit? i dont want to have the spring spin or rattle or cause damage.

as Marcus was explaining, that's what helper springs are for but i have no idea if i can put helper springs on these.

as always looking to hear any thoughts or advice you guys might have.
also, the car drives really well, it's just flat and smooth in the corners, grips like crazy and feels more planted all around.

thanks,

Cristian

Last edited by CrisZenithBlue; 10-28-2016 at 05:14 AM.
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote