View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 08:15 AM   #1
ImInHeavenInMy987

Red face Water under passenger seat - should I remove seat, and if so, any gotchas?

Hello everyone, and than-you for checking our my inaugural post on 986forum.com!

To make a long story short, the rear passenger-side drain in my '07 987 got plugged, resulting in some flooding under the passenger seat . Fortunately the master alarm module is under the driver's seat.

I've cleared the drain, vacuumed out as much water as possible and have space-heater going, however the foam under the carpet is still quite saturated.

My thinking is that if I remove the seat, I could pull the carpet up and get better air-flow under there. I have seen a video for removing the seat, however in that video, they did not mention disconnecting the battery prior to unplugging the seat's wiring harness.

If I do remove the seat (after disconnecting the battery), can I reconnect the battery with the seat out, and drive the car?

Lastly, I saw on a post somewhere (Pelican parts perhaps), that the proper torx spec for the seat rail bolts is 48 ft-lbs. Can anyone confirm that? I don't currently own a torque wrench, so do I buy one to achieve the correct torque, or do I just wrench them good and tight?

Thanks-so much for any help, it's really appreciated!

Jon

PS - go clear your drains
ImInHeavenInMy987 is offline   Reply With Quote