View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 06:30 PM   #4
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
This is what you get trying to work on something without research first and after a long day at work....yes the Solenoid is open according to my Fluke so I will need a replacement. I put it all back together until I get a new one. I still never saw how to actually get it out...what actually retains it in place ??

I was trying to remove the entire back spoiler plate assembly.

Strange I could not find much on this subject online...lots of folks with broken cables but no one with a bad solenoid. I was pleased that my cables looked like brand new and even though that little cursed clip popped off into oblivion I found it and reinstalled on reassembly. I simply left my emergency cable sticking out of the panel inside my back tire until I can get parts.
it just fits in by friction, you just wiggle it out. The actual solenoid is wrapped in foam rubber and stays that way as shown in the renntech link
the cable assembly is retained by a bracket on the lock assembly

it really is a 10-15 min job

on mine, the cable broke. I tried to repair it and found a few threads on the web about repairing it, but could not get solder to hold. Probably I was not able to get it hot enough with my soldering gun
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote