View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 05:40 AM   #1
kk2002s

Garage
Who lives with drip between engine and Bellhousing

I know this is a common area to have a leak
It started with my last oil change back in June. Drove it a couple times and it started. I also had replaced my AOS just before that. Just maintenance replacement.
I have been using Mobil 1 0-40 (I don't want to start an oil thread)
4 years ago I bought @ 52k miles and no evidence of leaks. Now 37k miles later, being completely dry, it starts
It is very inconsistent, maybe 1,2 or 3 drips, sometimes a quarter size stain on the garage floor
I can drive on several hours long trips and nothing. then out of nowhere after a drive there it is
Last week I drove 6 1/2 hours round trip, nothing and several multi-hour trips before that, nothing. It was dry for a month or more.
This week I did a 4 hour round trip and next morning a couple drips.
I know from research it's either the RMS or the IMS and there is no way to know until separating tranny and Flywheel.
My filter has always been clear of debris. Last winter my sump was clean. My clutch is still very strong, so I'm just not mentally ready to go in there yet but I know it's coming
The only thing I don't know is Cam deviation so I might be closer to getting a Durametric to see how that is.