Thread: No start
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 03:38 AM   #1
pastey123

No start

This past Saturday I went to the gas station and when I went to leave the car would not crank when you turn the key. I thought it might be the ignition switch I replaced a few days prior that might have gotten loose so I disconnected the battery and reached around to see if the connector at the end of the switch was on right. It was connected right, so i reconnected the battery and the car started up after trying a few times. I drove for about 30 minutes and went home.

When I got home I tried starting it again and wouldn't crank, no matter how many times I tried. I put back the old ignition switch and got it to turn on a few times consecutively and many key turns, so I went inside then back 20 minutes later and it would not crank again.

Everything on the car works. It just wont crank when I turn the key. I have 2 keys and neither work.
Ive tried both ignition switches. Checked the battery, it is good and fairly new, tried jumping the battery. Checked the starter motor and it is getting 12v. Checked the fuses and they're good. I took the CLU from under the seat and it is good and dry. The fuse on it is good, I am still able to lock and unlock remotely. I swapped the relays around in the back. That didn't work. My only breakthrough was yesterday when I got it to crank by bridging the Start Lock relay. Now if I bridge the relay the car cranks at least but still will not start.

Can anybody please give me advice on this that might have seen these symptoms before?

Thank you
pastey123 is offline   Reply With Quote