View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 07:03 AM   #18
JohnRedS

Ah....the wife block, here is my story. Back in 2001 I wanted a Miata badly. It was not the proper choice at the time, as we had 7 year old twins. I sold the concept based on the fact that I had a company car that was a practical beast of burden. Wife relented and said "OK smart guy, it will have to last you until the girls get out of college." FINE!, I said.
Fast forward to May of 2016. Both children graduate [on time], and the wheels turn. I float the trial balloon and it is destroyed instantly. I bring up the subject again with attitude, reminding her of the deal we made 14 years ago. Wife replies, " You are serious about this aren't you?" I reply...."Completely". She asks what kind of car? I tell her, "Porsche Boxster S." She has the expected response from a person who drives a tan Buick Lucerne. She then retorts...." Just as long as its not red" I respond "To bad, I can not call the New Used Car Factory and order a Forest Green Boxter S with tan leather and 34K on it. Guards Red it is!" A week after the purchase, we took one of our Northern Michigan trips for our 29th. All signs point to observing our 30th next May. She has adjusted and is enjoying massive upgrade.
JohnRedS is offline   Reply With Quote