View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 10:20 PM   #1
KuaiThunder

Advice needed - Smoking Boxster S

Last week I took the car out for a spin in a nice autumn evening. After exit highway driving on a country road for few minute I smell something is burning and not sure is from the car of the surrounding as the smell is very light. About a minute or so I was shock when I see white smoke is blowing out from the car in the mirror. It’s really spectacular and looks like a blow engine in F1 race. The car is still run fine and I didn’t notice any noise or shaking from the engine. I parked the car immediately and get tow to the Indy.

I need your advice on what could be the possible cause of this white smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe. My Indy think it could be either a fail oil cooler or crack in the engine. I suppose smoke from exhaust pipe mean either oil or coolant is burning inside the engine. I couldn’t understand how a fail oil cooler could make that happen. As for crack in the engine, am I supposed to hear noise or shaking from the engine? After release some oil the engine produces less smoke now (but still a lot). And still no unusual noise or shaking from the engine.

Any idea on what could be the cause of my problem?

The car is 2001 Boxster S with Tiptronic. Oil change about two months ago. Blow water pipe about a month ago.

Thx for your help.
KuaiThunder is offline   Reply With Quote