View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 10:35 AM   #10
Gilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Boy View Post
The springs look to be compressed nearly all the way when the car is on the ground, judging by the pictures you posted. It looks to me like those must be the wrong springs, they are either too short or the wrong spring rate.

I'd check the number of the spring and compare with what KW lists in their application chart.
+ 1

Chris, based on your pictures something is not right, most likely you have the wrong springs as the perches on my car are about 2-3" from the bottom of the treads on the strut.

Right now we are celebrating our 25th anniversary in Mexico, otherwise I would take a couple of pictures of the KW's on my CS for you.

Hopefully someone will post a pic of his KW's, otherwise I should be able to take some for you by the weekend.

Regards,
Gilles

PS: I am not sure if you will be able to follow Marcus suggestions, as I looked at my struts a couple of weeks ago to get their part number required by KW prior of shipping the struts to them to be rebuilt, and I was no longer able to get any P/N as all of them had faded after 9 + years, you may have to remove them (or better yet, remove all the load on them ) and measure the thickness and height of the springs before you call KW.

BTW, my car sits as low as yours..

Last edited by Gilles; 10-17-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote