View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 01:43 PM   #6
CrisZenithBlue

hi guys! thanks a lot for all the responses!

i bought the set from a forum member who had them on his boxster and they came installed with the top hats for the boxster which only go one way. the rounded ones go in the rear and the triangle ones go in the front. i confirmed with him and i have the right springs in the front. i also checked some photos online and it seems to be right.

there is no bottom collar, these coilovers dont allow for height and spring compression adjustment separately. that purple collar you see is all i can adjust on the shock except for the dampening up top by turning a little nob.

this is how the ride height looks like right now:

note i had this higher than this by maybe half an inch to an inch and it was the same if not not worse in terms of bottoming out.

this is how the spring looks like with this ride height with the car sitting on the ground:

i just got an answer from the PO with the settings he had on his car where he didnt have issues bottoming out so i think i'll probably try those next.

it just still looks very strange to me.. the spring just should not be that compressed regardless of the height. I've also reached out to the manufacturer maybe they have some advice for me.

thanks,

Cristian

Last edited by CrisZenithBlue; 10-16-2016 at 01:47 PM.
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote