View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 04:58 AM   #7
bwdz

These stories are so much fun, here's mine. On my way home from work there is a funky entrance ramp from a 50mph road that curves right, becomes 2 lanes with the right going to a NW freeway and the left outside lane continuing into a left hander followed by a right hander "30mph labeled" curve to the westbound freeway, that's the one I take. I always have a little fun on these switchbacks. I was speeding up to get on when a late model 911 darts in front of me from the left, he speeds up so I figure he is doing the same thing I am and having a little fun. He gives it a bit of gas to go around the right hander but hugs the inside and ends up in the right lane that goes to the NW freeway, as he was not pushing it anywhere near the limit I close in fast and end up next to him in the left lane that takes me to my freeway. He nearly smashes into me with huge surprise that I was passing him as it turns out he must of thought he was really pushing it and had to hug the inside and not stay in his lane and wants to go the same freeway I am. I blow my horn as I nearly lose it having had to hit the brakes. Funny part of this story, I was in at the time my winter beater 4 door 98 Golf, just turns out another guy who buys a 911 and can't drive it. This ramp is a favorite with people but so many guys in performance cars just can't drive, it's not the cars, its the drivers not that F1 is knocking on my door to sign me or anything.
bwdz is offline   Reply With Quote