View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #3
Pdwight

Something similar happend to me once

I was leaving my in laws farm in TN one night around 11:00 PM heading home on a 70 mile trip. It was clear full moon and I had the Boxster about a year and just had new tires and great night for driving. I pulled out on the road home, a great two lane black top as twisty as a Lawyer's soul with nice banked curves for 7 miles. As I pulled out I was behind a lifted Pickup, I kept my low beams on and gave him ample space but as he was driving 35 mph on a road with 50mph limit it was slow going. I had the top down and you could see like daylight the moon was so bright, after a mile he had slowed down to 20 mph and then speed up and then hit the brakes and speed up....obviously a juvenile or shallow gene pool adult drinking and wanted to have some fun. I would not play along, we came to straight section of road and the "S" was in second gear at about 4K and I just slid out and passed him like he was parked. I shifted into 3 rd so the roar of the flat six did not seem like a challenge....like I said I wanted to get home and did not want to play. So I just went up to the speed limit and stayed there not thinking much about it....the truck came fast behind me with lights on bright honking his horn and yelling something about my Mother??

I Had driven this road so many times I knew it like the back of my hand the Boxster could hang in every curve on 65mph and never flinch...so I just stayed at 55 and ignored him.....he made the first curve, not the second. His Lifted truck with it's mud tires Yawed and swapped ends tires screeching and came to a stop. I stepped on the brakes and stopped not 100 feet in front of him....that is how close he was to me. I yelled are you OK ?

Again something about my Mother, so I just drove off into the night...last I saw of him
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote