View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 04:30 AM   #1
rfuerst911sc

got lucky and fixed my ignition key yesterday

Last year for whatever reason my ignition key lost the ability to do any of the wireless features ( unlock doors open trunks ) . Being quite busy I decided no big deal I'll just unlock the doors " like the old days " with the key. Been doing that ever since. Yesterday was an off Friday for me so I did some internet searches on " Porsche keys " and came across quite a few posts with various suggestions to try and " re-sync " the key to the immobilizer. I thought what the heck it's not going to cost me anything. So here is what I tried: unlock drivers door manually with the key , insert key into ignition and turn to on ( not start ) , press/hold the lock/unlock button on the key head until the dash mounted LED starts blinking. Release the button, remove the key from ignition and try it. VOILA.........it works ! I locked/unlocked the doors several times and they work perfect. Tried both trunk lids also work perfect . I ran to the man fridge, grabbed an adult beverage and toasted to my first FREE Porsche repair !
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote