View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 04:36 AM   #1
rfuerst911sc

How would you put out an engine fire ?

I hope this never happens to me or any of you but I was thinking the other day about this. So I have a fire extinguisher that I am going to mount on a BK mount in front of the passenger seat . I always have liked the idea of having one on board and fortunately have never had to use one .
So if you were tooling down the road and smelled smoke or saw flames obviously you would pull over. But then what ? You have an extinguisher but where would you point it to shoot ? I doubt seriously you would take the time to put the top in service mode and undo the engine cover lid. Spraying under the car wouldn't do much so is it best to spray into the passenger side engine vent ? Or call 911 on your cellphone as you watch your car burn to the ground ? I was actually thinking of drilling a hole in the rear trunk that you could spray into the engine department . Or maybe this is not worth thinking about ? What do you guys think ?
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote