View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #4
eslai

I totally agree with that--I wouldn't push for anything more than what I'm legally entitled to.

I'm getting my info straight from the source though:

"During the first 18 months or 18,000 miles, the "Lemon Law" presumes that a manufacturer has had a reasonable number of attempts to repair the vehicle if either (1) The same problem results in a condition that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury if the vehicle is driven and the problem has been subject to repair two or more times by the manufacturer or its agents, and the buyer or lessee has at least once directly notified the manufacturer of the need for the repair of the problem as provided in the warranty or owner's manual or (2) The same problem has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer or its agents and the buyer has at least once directly notified the manufacturer of the need for the repair of the problem as provided in the warranty or owner's manual or (3) The vehicle is out of service because of the repair of any number of problems by the manufacturer or its agents for a cumulative total of more than 30 days since delivery of the vehicle."

That second section is basically saying that it doesn't have to be something that's going to kill you. This is a consumer protection law in more ways than simple bodily harm.

It does mention that the law is a guideline, open to interpretation though. My point is that I'm pretty sure I could build a good case for arbitration, I just don't know how successful it usually is (or to what extent).