View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 11:49 PM   #2
Smallblock454

Hello Dwight,

as from my experience with cheap stuff. Throw it away. BTW: Bosch doesn't manufacture most of the brake rotors themselves.

I've used Sebro rotors (local manufacturer in my area and definitely good german quality - could take a look at the production facility) in combination with Remco brake pads. And i didn't use new self adhesive dampeners that time (old ones couldn't be reused - rusted away, had no time to get new ones, because brakes had to be done that day and i just put some brake paste between brake cylinders and pads and also on the duct for the brake pads).

Result. Car brakes, but on a weekend in the black forest with some other guys i went into a fading problem i've never had before with that car. No noise at all.

So i replaced the mid/low priced Remco bake pads with Brembo HP 2000 and installed the OEM Porsche adhesive dampeners and used DOT 5.1 brake fluid instead of DOT 4.

First thing i noticed is that this combination brakes much better, because you have much more initial bite.

Second thing i noticed is that the brake rotors don't show these sign marks. I think that is because the Brembo calipers are designed to pull the brake pads back from the rotors.

Third thing: no more fading.

Noise can be caused by different things. If the brake pads are too hard these dampeners will definitely help eliminate noise.

I would just check if every thing runs freely and clean the ducts and regrease them with brake paste. Also i would check if the expanding spring has enough tension and a little bit brake paste will also help.

If there is still noise maybe you should drive the car as it's meant to be driven, because maybe the brake pads are vitrified (hope that is the right english term). If they are vitrified you can sand them down a little bit.

As far as i know the original EBC red stuff have beveled corners on the outside of the friction pad itself. This also helps to reduce noise.

Regards, Markus
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote